Tony Smith, CPM, CCIM
Tony Smith is a Chairman at WPM MidSouth Multifamily. Tony has arranged nearly one billion dollars in equity and debt financing and has negotiated several hundred leases in the past twenty years, including fifteen totaling over 750,000 square feet for the State and Federal governments. He has also served as Project Manager for nearly 1,500,000 square feet of speculative and build-to-suit projects, consistently delivering projects on time and under budget.
Tony is also very active in national and local industry organizations, serving as the National President of the Institute of Real Estate Management in 2004 and 2005 representing its 17,000 members throughout the world and teaching its course "Managing Real Estate as an Investment."
He also serves as Visiting Lecture teaching Real Estate Finance and Development at the Darden School of Business, where he was recognized for being one of the highest-rated professors in 2008 based on student surveys.
Tony is a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM), Certified Property Manager (CPM), and a Virginia Real Estate Broker. He also holds a Bachelor's degree from Davidson College and an MBA from the University of Virginia.
Professional Affiliations and Accreditations
- Member, National Executive Committee of the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Certified Property Manager (CPM)
- Member of the Greater Hampton Roads Commercial Real Estate Council
- Virginia Real Estate Broker
- University of Virginia, MBA
- Davidson College, Bachelor's Degree